Our Huntington Beach subutex treatment is an important component in treating opioid dependence. Subutex, which contains buprenorphine, is an FDA-approved medication used to treat opioid dependence, whether the substance being used is heroin or a prescription painkiller, such as OxyContin or Vicodin. It can be taken daily as an oral pill.
The goal of the Huntington Beach subutex treatment program at Newsong Recovery is to help manage cravings to heroin or other opiates, reduce drug use, and reduce the risk of overdose without experiencing painful withdrawal symptoms or struggling with drug cravings.
The ultimate goal of MAT is full recovery, including the ability to live a self-directed life. Subutex treatment has been shown to:
● Improve patient survival
● Increase retention in treatment
● Decrease illicit opiate use and other criminal activity among people with substance use disorders
● Increase patients’ ability to gain and maintain employment
Subutex isn’t prescribed in isolation. It’s one component of a comprehensive recovery program designed to address the patient’s individual needs.
Newsong Recovery’s subutex medication-assisted treatment program is closely supervised by a team of physicians with more than 35 years of experience using the latest evidence-based approaches to manage the symptoms of withdrawal when a person is in treatment detoxing and as part of an ongoing maintenance plan to manage cravings.
At Newsong Recovery, your treatment will begin with a comprehensive assessment to determine if you are an ideal candidate for medication-assisted treatment with Suboxone. If you are, Subutex treatment happens in three phases:
1. The Induction Phase: The first dose of Subutex will be administered while you are in a moderate state of withdrawal.
2. The Stabilization Phase: Once you are no longer experiencing withdrawal symptoms and have minimal to no side effects without any uncontrollable cravings, you will continue taking medication regularly as prescribed.
3. The Maintenance Phase: Once you are stabilized, you will work with your doctor to determine when the time is right to slowly lower your dose, taking care to minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Subutex, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, provides a whole-patient approach to treatment.
Newsong Recovery offers complimentary consultations with our team of board-certified physicians. To learn more about our comprehensive treatment program and our MAT program, call us now.
There is hope. You can build a fulfilled life in recovery.